- In 2013, Bitcoin jumped a skyrocket 54x times! 🚀
- Bitcoin has only had two yearly losses. -58% in 2014 and -74% in 2018. It has never lost value in back to back years.
- Historically, November is the best performing month and September is the worst performing for Bitcoin.
- BTC has gained 45% in one day and lost -36% in another. 🎢
November 2013 with a 475% gain was Bitcoin’s best performing month.
September 2011 with a -40% loss was Bitcoin’s worst performing month.
On average, November was the best performing month with an average gain of 60.41% and September was the worst with an average loss of -5.48%.
The coin breakdown on investor returns (purchases made anytime in January 2020):
- 11.9% average investor return for Bitcoin (BTC)
- 10.0% average investor return for Ethereum (ETH)
- 13.9% average investor return for Litecoin (LTC)
- 5.4% average investor return for Ripple (XRP)
- 11.9% average investor return for Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- 16.0% average investor return for Stellar Lumens (XLM)
- 61.6% average investor return for Zcash (ZEC)
By prnewswire on Feb 06 2020